Welcome to the Hutton Buscel Parish Website. This site is funded and maintained by the Parish Council, although various groups within the parish have their own pages.
Hutton Buscel is situated on the edge of the North York Moors National Park, approximately 6 miles west of Scarborough, just off the A170. Dating back to around 1085, the Domesday Book cited four tons (townships) in this parish with Hotune (Hutton) being one of them. Surviving deeds show that Reginald Buscel lived in the area around 1115 and the name of the town become known as Hutton Buscel to distinguish it from other Huttons in North Yorkshire.
The Parish of Hutton Buscel includes part of West Ayton, and so content and information on this website will include activities within the whole parish, not just the village of Hutton Buscel.
Click on the map below: